A Stonekeeper is an individual who wields the kinetic power of an amulet – all of which derive from the Mother Stone . Stonekeepers use the stone as a means of communication, combat, and even transportation. Experienced Stonekeepers may know the responsibilities that come with possessing a stone and the effects that they may cause. While in limbo or the void, a Stonekeeper may find themselves under the influence of a governing spirit – known primarily as a "voice".
History[edit | edit source]
Little is known of the very first Stonekeepers, other than some members of the Guardian Council were elves and humans, but it is known that fragments of the Mother Stone were used to create the smaller stones that present Stonekeepers utilize. The first settlers of Alledia that discovered the Mother Stone used pieces of the stone to create the amulets, and stonekeepers used these amulets for the benefit and protection of Alledia. Silas Charnon was known to have been involved in their distribution, training young individuals in Stonekeeping.
While the Stonekeepers mostly benefit from keeping one, it isn't rare that they may lose control and ultimately become unbalanced. In one particular incident, several Stonekeepers were possessed by their stones and transformed into colossal beasts, which subsequently wreaked havoc on Alledia.
Other Stonekeepers fought to keep them at bay and were eventually able to successfully defeat them. One Stonekeeper – a young elf from a small village – was kept in detainment in hopes of him returning to normal. However, the boy told them that they should have rather killed him and that they would regret their decision. One night, the stone returned to help the boy escape and he used his powers to destroy the cell. Guards that were assigned to watch over him were killed including Leon Redbeard's father. The young elf eventually became the Elf King, ruler of Gulfen.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
- Flight: The Stonekeeper uses the energy of the stone to telekinetically lift themselves.
- Levitation: Stonekeepers can also levitate objects through kinetic energy – including people.
- Shock wave: Is an arc-like move that extends outward allows a storekeeper to hit multiple or spread out targets.
- Energy Beam: Shoots energy out of the stone that can knock back or burn the victim
- Telekinesis: By encasing or circling an object with the stones energy a storekeeper is able to lift and move it.
- Telepathy: A storekeeper whether willing or not can communicate or enter the void with another storekeeper it is unknown if a storekeeper can communicate with someone who does not possess a stone
- Enhancement: Imbuing an object with a stone's energy normally a stick or handheld weapon makes attacks and defending more effective and powerful.
- Bubble: Using the stone to make an encased bubble around themselves and or others can serve as a protective shield or temporary prison. It depends on how strong the storekeeper is for it to withstand powerful attacks.
- Choke: By levitating a person's neck in the air thus not allowing air to get in a storekeeper can suffocate their enemies
- Space flight: Emily is presumably the first Stonekeeper to do this. It is a combination of bubble and telekinesis, combined with powerful speed and much more air then a bubble.
Stonekeepers[edit | edit source]
A following is a list of known stonekeepers: