There was a comment in another discussion wondering how Trellis would sound like and it's gotten me thinking. Which voice actors (if you people know any) would you choose for an animated adaptation of Amulet? As an alternative, you could also cite a character from another series whose voice actor you're not exactly familiar with.
I have a few voices in mind that I think would fit for some characters:
- Sam Riegel for Trellis because he played a similar character named Viral (look at him and tell me they don't look at least a little alike) and I imagine Trellis would have a sort of raspy voice like in many of Sam's roles. (Speaking of Viral, do watch Gurren Lagann if you haven't already. I think fans of Amulet will like it to an extent.)
- Johnny Yong Bosch for Max Griffin because his tone fits Max's overall demeanor and he's voiced similar characters in the past.
- Jeff Bennett for the Elf King because when he's not playing a comedic role, he can sound pretty sinister. Take a look at some of the antagonists he's voiced and you'll see what I mean. Perfect fit for him. Also, this guy has an amazing vocal range.
- Kevin Michael Richardson for Enzo because this is how I always imagine the character's voice when reading Amulet. It's become natural for me.
- Christopher Sabat for Leon Redbeard because, after some thought, I think the deeper voice would make a lot more sense than the higher-pitched voice I'd initially imagined. I don't think a lot of people know this, but Leon is actually at least 30 years old. (In The Stonekeeper's Curse, was it? Leon mentions that the last time he saw his father alive was 30 years ago, so yeah.) Also, Sabat has voiced another awesome swordsman in his career.
Those are my picks for only a fraction of the main cast. If I can think of more later (such as the voices for Emily and Navin), I will definitely add them.